Tuesday 9 October 2012

Make Memories!

It's so dark outside, and having just made sandwiches, packed food bags, and run over the lists again, I have just read/listened and digested all the lovely messages from people wishing me luck, love and as my mum said in her text 'Make Fantastic Memories'...
Isn't that what we're here for? My last 18 months has been FILLED with fantastic memories - 'firsts', my first 10 lengths (with the girls wondering if I'd ever get to 50!), my first mile, first serpentine freeze and meeting the incredible range of ages jumping in, the first sea swim with the yellow hats, our first open water competition and finishing it, first panic in the lake and being supported out, first 2 hour swim, first 4 hours of swimming in a day,and now a first of getting on an off a boat in the middle of the channel to swim an hour at a time.
This is the first time I will be doing a challenge like this with the spirit of others encouraging me on. Its the reason I took it on in the first place having been inspired my friends and family who had cancer and survived (or didn't), then proved they were living by creating fantastic memories themselves.
My wonderful Dad will be with me, telling me 'nothing good in life comes easy', he thought I was mad preparing to swim the channel, and talked regularly about his brother Edmond who was an open water swimmer his whole life, and used to come out of the sea quite blue! Also our dear friend Mike Wynter who died last month after a battle with cancer, I promised his wife Jan I would swim for him, with him in my heart.
So, less than an hour to go, a quick photo opportunity with Ben - wearing my new Seabreezers hoody and ready at last to make Fantastic Memories
WWW.Justiving.com/Nikki-Watkins-Seabreezers

No comments:

Post a Comment