Wednesday 12 October 2011

How would it be.... 11 October 2011

If you could just swim, with no agenda, no judgement, no counting strokes, no unhealthy fear. That was the sentence in my mind today as I strode purposefully into the gently swelling sea, bathwater warm mingled with icewater cold (what is that phenomenon ?), brought on by the course I am on with Rebecca Watson and her team, finding the source within, parking my ego, and breathing.

I didn’t set a goal today although I gave myself maximum chance by placing shoes at one end of the 2k beach and walking right to the other end:) I just held that thought, and swam, and although hard to express now in its simplicity :- I was just ‘being’, me, the stroke, the sea, the sun, and the source.

The oddest and most elating part of this tale is I swam past my shoes, and then turned around and swam back. No big drama, No second guessing, No fear. Just the odd bit of seaweed and a sense of being supported by a new friend who met me on arrival, the same voice that had been in my head before, was just there instead, for the last 1/8th of my swim, walking down the beach, there if i needed, and not if I didn’t.

How would it be...if I could just swim with no agenda, no judgement, no counting strokes, no unhealthy fear.

It w

ould be 4kilometers in 1 hour 20 minutes, It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment