Wednesday 12 October 2011

The more I practice, the quieter the voices become... 10 October 2011

I am trying to turn up the volume of the voices I want to hear, and down those that I don’t. In fact, what served me today was to focus on the sunshine on my back, the rhythm of the swim, the height of my elbows, and enjoying the passing buildings as I just kept going, I know one day it will feel as easy as doing karate (able to balance, co-ordinating limbs to get ultimate power, constant adjustment, muscles aching, breathless and sweating when I try too hard, and wonderful when I am in flow), only another 9 years and 6 months to go then...

Seasickness is something they warned us about, today was a bit windier, therefore choppier, and my new strategy worked - swim half way up the bay and back (stony beach, ouch), but also against the tide and heaving waves, my voice certainly had to be encouraged to quiet down, and remembering it is likely to be that way in the channel, it was comforting to know I can deal with it in this dosage, now it is all about learning to deal with more of it, with the rolling feeling, the sea water cocktails, and the noise of the waves crashing over my head, time for a mini ipod perhaps, maybe with a very old children’s book chant we used to say to our children playing on it....

I can I can, I know I can...said the little engine... I can I can I know I Can.

No comments:

Post a Comment