Wednesday 12 October 2011

Just one Mile with no stops... by Christmas - 9 October 2011

Sunday was a glorious day, I swam 3/4 of the bay, with the voice of Joe (one of the retreat attendees) in my ear “if you want to swim an hour just don’t get out :), Well it focused my mind, I tried to turn back to keep swimming and got caught by tides and cramp, the enormity of the sea against a 6 month swimmer overwhelmed, and a 20 minute walk back on the beach to my towel, made me think I needed to have a different strategy around my shoes!

He ran the beach from the same point I swam that day and informed me it was a 2k run according to his Nike chip and Iphone - so, without too much pomp and ceremony, I did my mile with a few stops to clear my lungs from salt water, and enough pride to take the lead in a gang of Lions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment